I was following the baby from the dock to the rock steps & Lake came rounding the corner full speed thru the woods. Somehow he landed next to his brother with a sliced hand. David bandaged him up for a few days until we hit the Bill's training camp, a 10-hour drive thru ridiculous farmsteads in the Vermont Hills. I wish I had a shot of his face when he came out of the training room. It was like that scene in Terminator when the hero gets his arm wrapped for the first time. Some kind of warrior boy bliss.
Regarding camp...The mom in me (not to mention to civil rights activist, who knows perfectly well that every man on the field is the greatest hopes and dreams of his community, not to mention the elders and ancestors who lived and died for this moment), might never get used to the shadow side of offseason camp. You know. The cuts.
At CI we work directly with our players to eliminate the drama that fucks with performance. You know.
Physical pain, limitations, injuries or missing links.
- The burden of obligation to community. Your sense of integrity and responsibility is collapsed with a sense of debt or an impossible weight.
- The lack of support from those you love - that just can't support you at the level you really need it, and can't possibly understand what you are working thru.
- Expectations from the team, your coaches, the media, friends and family. Expectations that don't take into account your chemical, emotional, nutritional, financial, legal or communal wellbeing. Never mind your history.
- Distractions. Oh, man. The distractions.
- The shame that you can't just think, play or shine your way thru each play. That there is something, or many things that are holding you where you are.
- Heartbreak. Betrayal. From love. From the past. From being misunderstood, from fucking up, from being unseen. From friendship, broken families, missed opportunities. And Failure.
- Failure is it's own thing, actually. We clear the trauma of failure from your organs and muscle tissue so you can move again, at full capacity.
And those are just the surface issues.
We go deeper - clearing ancestral and familial patterns, cleaning up your body at the cell level, calibrating you to your goals at the cell level so you can keep functioning at the levels of excellence and genius. We put you directly in front of the very best doctors, nutritionists, Sports and Medical Calibration Strategists, legal and financial teams to cover your whole life. Since we only work thru referrals, you are likely a part of our extended community of friends and family. We consider ourselves a part of that community that needs you to succeed.
Truly. The inspiration you are is what pulls others thru to their game.
So it's all about your game, right? Camp ends. Is it a wrap?
Not for our players.
Oh, & our boy? He hit the field with a nice kit of daily wraps + wound dressing, which he's been happy to master. Apparently there's a whole art to it, which he takes on like everything else :: with glee + delight. You'd never know he was actually injured. This kid.